Sunday, April 13, 2008

Diary of a Delegate: T'was the Night Before a Delegate Caucus


Not a creature was stirring not even....well this candidate for the 33rd Congressional District Caucus in Los Angeles, CA was up doing laundry and designing a flyer to give out tomorrow at USC while campaigning and caucusing for votes...I must be in Denver in August !!!!

Barack Obama must be named the Democratic Nominee and win the General Election in November...I will help him do it !!!!

My name is Danna Kiel and this is my first personal post to my blog spot....time is an amazing thing and I feel like I never have any. I am a full time teacher living here in Los Angeles, CA. While working as a full time Math Teacher I am also a full time Single Mother of a beautiful almost 6 year old son named Ali Daniel.

I am currently running to be a District Delegate for Obama to the Democratic National Convention from the 33rd Congressional District here in California. What a journey this has been? I have been keeping some video diaries which I wanted to upload to You Tube so we could count down together, but no time .... Tomorrow is however D-Day. So let the Caucuses begin....lining up starts at 2:00p at USC's Seely Mudd Hall. I am moving on to making a flyer as the sandman is dragging my eyes shut !!!!

The desire for self expression never rests. I ended up on the blog spot because I have chosen a new picture....a more recent picture of myself. The B & W attached to my profile was taken almost 6 years ago when Ali (my son) was 6 weeks old and I had just cut my hair back off from having grown dreadlocks for just over a year. I am beginning to feel guilty about the compliments regarding the maintenance of my youth. I am thinking "let's use the most current pic...not a 5 year old one".

While on Spring Break in NY I took pictures with the intention of updating facebook, myspace and even my blogtalkradio profiles anyway ...so no time like the present....

Ali will be 6 years old in April 25th and though God has blessed me to maintain a youthful spirit, beauty or in this case youthful good looks are in the eye of the beholder and so with this new picture...you guys behold....and do the math on approximately how old I am and you will see why I am spoiled by comments like "You look the same as when we entered Tuskegee ('86)"

Over the last few days I have done a tremendous amount of electronic campaigning and doing this blog while enriching my life is an electronic campaigning avenue....

From deadline last Wednesday April 2nd to today....Saturday night/Sunday morn the night before/day of ....it has cranked up from 0 to 60 in terms of campaining and getting the word out....so other than just being a proud american, a proud single parent and striving for excellence in the classroom... I would just say vote for me.....I am one of you ....I AM BEACUSE WE ALL ARE (Booker T. Wahington)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am leaving a comment for myself...at 1:21 I am just starting to move over to the flyer and all of the pictures I'd like to use are too hi res so check me out soon at facebook or myspace where I think I may have more luck with the pictures

djdannak

Unknown said...

Off tha subject...I still find drawing a heart perfectly symmetrical pretty hard ...it was hard when I was kid (I have been helping the kids in my son's kinder class)...but it is still tough to get it EXACTLY right

djdannak

Unknown said...

okay I don't mean to just leave comments for myself I haven't figured out how to promote my blog ..Ishould click the icon that says "tools" anyway I am writing now because I am finally working on the flyer and I just left Reny Monk's site and want to shout her hard work alongside the voices of others getting 899 of us reinstated to the caucuses tomorrow throught California ...900 of us had been purged to make sure there where no impostors in the bunch but fellow delegates in the making were not having it and brought the Obama campaign to its senses and withing 24 hours or so we were all reinstated...it just seemed wrong...you know so I am off to pick the best pick for my flyer....see you at USC tomorrow I hope