Thursday, October 2, 2008

Trying to get back to you....




(This was drafted last week 10/2)

Back with you .....catching up
I sat our deceased bird outside trying to hold on for a burial. Her soul is already in heaven and I finally disposed of her earthly remains last Thursday (10/2). My son doesn't know, I will talk to him about heaven for animals in greater detail today....no I am not exactly sure what I will say. We don't have the African Finches yet, but we are trying. My son's father is trying to research a specific pet store. I am trying to give him reasonable nudges and he seems genuinely on the case.

Most days (actually everyday), I am unaffected by Ali's Father's presence on Earth since Ali's birth. I was shocked that he text me the other night to share that he was watching the Obama Channel on Dish Network(73) and did I know if it would continue running through the campaign. Civil conversation seemed reasonable given the nastiness that followed a July 2nd court date where I would not sign in support of the re-instatement of driver's license that was suspended because of the back child support he owes Ali.


Goin' off with hand on hip...
I would not sign because it was predicated on an "awaiting" job for which I saw no material proof existed . Further it was a job for which wages would and could not be tracked therefore disabling the state's ability to garnish, which is how we collect the current pittance that does not resemble "child support". Those are however the words typewritten on the check. It was also based on his agreement to pay the courts $20 per month toward the balance of what he owes Ali and Ali's half brother who is 5 ( that I just learned about the day before July 2nd court date) in back child support. By the way...Ali is 6 years old.

Moving On...
it's still been a blessed week...it was payday Tuesday. I am proud to have bought Ali new sneaks last night. Yesterday my order of my own creations arrived from my Cafe Press store, www.cafepress.com/NextFirstLady. Its too pink, it didn't look that pink on the computer screen. When creating anything, it is hard to reckon what you want and hope it will look like with what it inevitably turns out to be when UPS drops it off. I also stayed up late last night figuring out and then teaching myself to make colors from the RGB color wheel. After making the perfect shade of purple and 3 different shades of Maroon, I felt like a Crayola god. It was a charge !!!!! I now need yellow ....

Marketing and Promotions....
My other stores: www.cafepress.com/NextFirstLady ;

www.cafepress.com/NextFirstLady2 ;

www.cafepress.com/InaugurateObama ;

www.cafepress.com/kaliahklothing ;

www.cafepress.com/ObamaRoad (under construction but worth a walk through) ;

www.cafepress.com/kaliahklothing2 (under construction, but worth a walk through)


Obama Road...
I participated in a volunteer phone-bank for which I brought two Obama supporters over to the "yes" column for volunteering. We have at the high school where I work an activity called SSR (sustained silent reading) ,that used to be call DEAR, "drop everything and read". Last year I never read. This year I completed "Trying to Sleep in the Bed You Made" and I am on to a self published effort by a friend entitled "Through The Storm". I am a Math Maven by trade and a reader by great desire followed by great effort. This is huge for me.

At Work....
I spent my professional day frazzled by ordering text that I was hoping would arrive soon....my students are making it along without it but we are in fact under murky water and would like to come up for air....

I also had an amazing conversation with my boss today that made me feel like a member of the team...I am bench player of sorts this year trying to figure out my full contribution ...today was a step

In General...

I am striving to be the best mother I can to Ali so he and I can soar together


No comments: