Saturday, November 22, 2008

Notes from a Baby Mama ...We Got Birds.......and they are having more birds....

Time keeps on slipping into the future...

I blog or leave Notes because I feel compelled to share the journey of everyday life with anyone who will listen, I am also intrigued by life as lived and find more humor than sorrow in any of it

10/28/08 The Blog I started but didn't complete......

Ali was taken to the Slauson Mall (bka Slauson Swapmeet) on Sunday (10/26) by his Dad. Upon my return to pick him up I was greeted by Ali, Dizzy and Jimmy. Dizzy is the girl, African Finch and Jimmy is the boy African Finch.



They are small white birds that aren't nearly as exciting to look at as the blue, green and yellow parakeets that have all gone to heaven, but they are AFRICAN Finches and I have decided that because they are AFRICAN Finches, they are automatically more intriguing to me. To that end they are more driven and ambitious than the last lot. This is evidenced by the fact that there was a box of white grassy stuff inside the cage and a small empty nest. Within a week they were pulling the stuffing from the box and placing it in their nest. These two were in fact nesting in their nest.


The first set of parakeets were provided a nest they wouldn't have to fill with a thing. All they had to do was get in it and peck through the filling stuff that was already inside. They never did. They would cuddle together in the food compartment "thingy" and "nest there. They spoke no english so I couldn't tell them. I tried with hand motions, but to no avail. The girl froze to death and the boy eventually bit the dust.

I gave the details on the demise of the 3rd solo parakeet. It is still too painful to relive by telling the story again (see 9/30/08 Blog Post). Suffice it to say we are rolling forward with the AFRICAN Finches whom Ali's father warned would lay eggs and today we discovered they did ....5 eggs to be exact. For now I am not building out the garage or the back house to accommodate the clan. I have other fires to hose down, our new arrivals will have to take a number ....I am however proud to say...

We have Birds....

Ali told me recently, "My birthday is April 25th and I am inviting friends and those who RESPECT me!"..I of course was floored

Coming up....

I am certain that God's Love abides with the Crossing Guard at Ali's school who every morning says to me "I Love You Darling".

No comments: