Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad Habit (and Grapes)

Okay I have not updated my blog in forever and while I have everything on my heart to talk about from Funny You Tube Videos to Jesus and right now to Green Grapes I simply have not checked in...

I have however this evening seized an opportunity You Tube gave me to update my blog...

Green Grapes remind of my co worker, fellow Skegee Alumni and Frat Brother Chris Price who passed away in the classroom almost 2 years ago (October 22nd 2007). Despite the forward motion of life I think the "return to school" will forever and always be something that is harder to manage because of that loss...Chris and I had communion over green grapes about 2 weeks before his sudden transition. It was one of the heartier moments we shared. I think they were my grapes....which doesn't matter much now, but I can see him reaching out to me and asking for some as we crossed paths on the sidewalk across campus. It has been and still is hard to enjoy grapes. It wasn't until buying grapes a month or so later and allowing them to mold that I realized I had no desire to eat them.

Impetuously I would tend to when seeing them on sale for 1.99 /lb or less grab them and purchase before getting them home and losing all urge to eat them because I can think of no one, but my dear friend Chris Price.

Today was different... as we ease into the home stretch that is the end of summer and prepare for school to start ...I pushed passed the pain to put the green grapes I purchased last week and had not touched into a bowl for Ali and I to snack on and ate past the loss.

I will with each purchase of "sale" grapes keep pushing passed it...because grapes are good for us and that is the real moment that Chris and I shared....so here's to good health...

connection to Maxwell's Bad Habit video...absolutely none

This is all attached to Maxwell's video for his new single Bad Habit which features one of my favorite actresses Kerry Washington because when I hit the "share" button to post it on my facebook page "post to a blog" came up and I thought I would seize the moment for an over due update...Honestly music and video give me a creative imperative...

Much love to Yasmin Kavanaugh (Savanna Marsh Mama) for the love she gave me a week ago

In Jesus Name
Amen Everybody

No comments: