Thursday, July 1, 2010

My OWN Show


Family, I have been doing a lot of "doing", "running" and "thinking". I am mastering film-making in my 40's. I have admittedly been in the "game" a minute and am clamping down to package all the skills into a something that is efficient, effective and most of all productive. In fact the goal is to produce High Quality content.

I am currently working on an MFA in Screenwriting. I am continuing to network and build an artistic community of not only fellowship and communion, but of quality and efficient (there's that word again) production. We are building a TEAM !

I am waiting on an edit now and while there are just elements out of my control that have slowed the process, I am pushing to get back on track and finished with this one and move on the next.

I am in constant count of my blessings. My son is healthy, the lights and other needed utilities are on and the key turns in the door. We are not hungry...ever. Many daily negotiate these things and I don't forget that.

I am however standing on God's word for more...I desire through prayer and supplication to build and sustain a career as a filmmaker. Everyday I do something teeny tiny or colossal toward my goal. Fear, worry and anxiety creep in...but in those moments I realize the fear, worry and anxiety are not only NOT my friends, but they are spirits of darkness and Paul had something to say to the folks at Ephesus about it...

Eph 6:10-17 (NIV) ...Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

It is with this full armour that I fiercely protect my family and the dreams that God has given to me that he is bringing to pass. My journey is my journey and I am on the path of success...I also strive to be obedient: the greatest demonstration of our Faith...

I write here what I am trying to keep short and simply say to my team...my friends that are family and the family God bore me into - Be encouraged, as well as, Be of good courage - Deuteronomy 31:6 he tells his chosen people

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

I therefore continue "doing", "running" and "thinking", as well as, "writing", "producing" and "directing" ...for these are the things I am called to do. My Dad called me this week and shared that he saw James Cameron (Titanic and Avatar) on a 60 Minutes interview. He said some things that were special so I posted on FB this status....

My Dad has begun in recent years to encourage my journey...he called me this morning to tell me he saw James Cameron interview on 60 minutes who says no matter how small your film..."You are a filmmaker" and to say..."that's what Danna is...'you are a filmmaker' " it meant the world to me (he also said he voted for my 'Ofrah' ...video :-)


As you guys know I auditioned for Oprah and need your support so vote for my audition...like Hezekiah says "I need you to survive"



God's Best
Danna

No comments: