Saturday, May 17, 2008

Big Saturday 5-17 (Piano and Parties)

It is Saturday and after a week of standardized testing....I am thrilled to report....I survived !
The week as always was full of highs and lows....HIGH I got T.D. Jakes book "Reposition Yourself" and I am. LOW...the death toll is rising in Burma and is now over 100,000...the earthquake in China...

High....I went to a Bowling Birthday Party for my good friend Ernest Skinner. I had the most awesome time ! My friend Teanne babysat Ali whom I usually take with me, but this year I wanted and needed a cocktail so I could just as the Omegas say "be out" and I was. Two cocktails, simple "vodka and crans"did the trick.

I bowled plenty of GUTTER balls and a couple of strikes. I had cake and a WONDERFUL time. It was awesomely awesome to be with friends Tosha Thomas, Leslie "Big Lez" Segar, Joyce Washington and Nikki Hannah. I reconnected with friend Mika Miller and soror Zhaundra Jones. I connected and hugged sooooo many ...too many to name. I saw my many faces from facebook and myspace like Amber Rasberry, Wendy Rose, Mayeen Bassey, Herb Bohannon and Birthday boy, Ernest himself (of course).

I made new acquaintences and just TRULY enjoyed myself...something I don't often get to do. I'll post pics as soon as I get them.

This saturday morning as I wrap this up ...I am proud to report that Ali's piano teacher, Mr. Lorenzo reported this is the best session/lesson Ali has ever had and gave him $5. We have been practicing and it showed. We started lessons back in October and Ali does well, but today was pretty awesome.

I only regret not bringing the camera which the little voice did say bring (the little voice said bring it to Ernest's party and I didn't I don't have on one of those easy greasy flat light wieght quick and dirty digital cameras...mine is fly but it works me with no handy hand or neck strap). Now that I sense how empty it feels to not have my own pictures I won't ignore the voice anymore.

I am proud to have my son participating in the arts...the practice is hard, but it was worth the teacher's smile and his enthusiastic approval of Ali's progress.
Beacause Ali is reading everything I expalined to his teacher that Ali is reading and singing the lyrics of the songs in the piano book. He sings with the music (the highs and lows of the notes) if you know what I mean.

As I grow more awake and aware (Eckhart Tolle-ism) I can see how meaningful this is to his development as a musician. His teacher was thrilled that he was doing this as well.

ALI GOT 3 STARS TODAY


PS: Ali also drew a fishbowl, he drew it in three dimensions....and drew bubbles from the fish's breathing ...SUCH DETAIL !!!!

More to come .....PICTURES !!!

all love
danna


GO OBAMA GO !!!!!!!!!! (I wear Obama t-shirts or pens everyday)

No comments: