Monday, May 5, 2008

The Election and everything else

I just learned to add pictures to this blog tonight and I feel like my blog is taking shape. I am working on my editing still, but I sit here watching CNN and their pre election coverage. I started with Larry King and though determined not to be sucked in...I have been sitting in the same spot for the last hour and a half plus. I am of course getting out emails and have found myself mildly addicted to Facebook.

I am also excited to Blog because there is new stuff everyday. Besides my nailbiting about this campaign and in particular Obama's win, I discovered on Ovation TV a British artist I am officially in love with...his name is David McAlmont. Ovation TV is an arts network that has been recently added to the DISH line up. I have seen some INCREDIBLE programming on there (A documentary on Jazz and Blue Note Records).

It's like PBS meets Bravo meets the Museum meets the IFC Channel..all of which is right up my alley. I love high art, folk art and all things in between....so I get down with MTV, VH1, VH1 Soul, as well as, the Kennedy Center Honors (Loose Ends...You Can't Stop the Rain is playing in the background, I grew up listening to the radio as a lullaby and at times I see a glimpse of that life). Last night I catch a Jools Holland (British Jimmy Kimmel/Jay Leno) marathon I see Annie Lennox being interviewed. I flip forward and back to catch Jools introducing a saxophonist and a singer named David. I had to go to the website (thank GOD for websites) to look up the episode from the marathon listing and find out who the angel of a voice belonged to....

I discovered David McAlmont and Courteny Pine (whom I'd heard of) and an album called Devotion, the song they perfromed was "Bless The Weather" which I then went to I Tunes to hear more and (thank goodness for the web) found his website somewhere in there....but I am at this point just excited to extol the awesomeness of Ovation TV.

Checking into David McAlmont reconnected me with Carleen Anderson (another Black Brit) I have always adored...

the desire to connect and commune with music, arts and people is in my opinion made easier and better by the internet and the beloved communities we People are building...

well until next time ...where I will talk about the Wine Sip I went to with the Bruhs (the men of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity) and post some more pics..I love you all

BE Love
DK

coming soon...what I am actually reading, the pictures from Ali's 6th Birthday and continuing to get next to what I really want to say... I want to talk about men and relationshipss

all Love
danna

No comments: