Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Shannon Sanders - Google Image Search


Shannon Sanders - Google Image Search

I am sitting up at a God awful hour in the morning trying to catch up blogs...and learning new ways that it all comes together and learning how awesome Facebook really is

As I listen to 365 radio streaming L& Red Soul Sessions (awesomely awesome), which I learned about from Facebook and real life freind Cushon Bell (Sidra Fulerton's sister)... I am pulling stuff together, but breaking this stuff up because all this internet stuff is soooo connected that as I am posting on facebook and trying to tell Anthony Demby to check out my blog after seeing he has a blog (both of us on Google's e blogger/blogspot) which was after I checked his AWESOME close up and personal Obama pictures. I then typed my URL in a message to him to promote my own. Facebook attached my last blog complete with the video of footage of Ali playing piano...so intuitive.

What I am breaking into pieces and pulling back together is a blog that got beat up on Wednesday (5/21).... Google Images offers you the opportunity to send a link for images directly into our blogs here at blogspot (Google's blog server). On Wednesday I had finished something I was rather proud of but I was disconected before "autosave" saved the most current draft and as I went to publish I had lost about a 3rd of the blog....I have still not recovered, but with pics from Bete's Barbecue, Nikki and Doran Wedding Toast, UCLA's Jazz Fest, Melissa's Barbecue and Battle of the Sexes Round 15 ...I can't let one monkey stop the whole show...

On Wednesday I was blogging about Shannon Sanders, a highly sought after songwriter on the Urban Music scene. In particular, I was blogging about having put in the new Lyfe Jennings CD "Lyfe Change" and specifically that Lyfe sounds like Shannon to me. People who have never heard of Shannon (most of you) think that Lyfe's sound is super unique, but for me he is following a path set about others like Shannon (and even Bobby Womack)who aren't as heralded. I am not a hater, I really like Lyfe's album, but Shannon NEVER got his due and I am just a gatekeeper trying to see that he does...

to that end I am curious about getting the blog page and link directly from Google Images because the picture thing has gotten serious for me (if you are friends with me on Facebook, then you will also note that I have posted 3 photo albums in the last 10 hours, approximately 160+ pictures).

You guys are all still going (anyone who might be reading)..."who the heck is Shannon Sanders???" Well to start he is a Grammy nominated singer songwriter out of Tennessee who with his Southern Way Records release "Outta Nowhere" made a local buzz. He then connected with Motown recording artist India Arie. He had played "Brown Skin" over the phone for me a couple of years before Ms. Arie lit up the national scene with "Video" and "Brown Skin" songs co-written by Shannon Sanders. "Video" made him a Grammy nominated songwriter for "Song of the Year" (she and Nelly Furtado were completely shut out by Alicia Keys and her debut "Songs in A Minor"). With Shannon as her collaborator, the two of them assembled the majority of what could be found on her album "Voyage to India". He also toured with her as her Musical Director.

We will close this out here to get going on Fareed Zakaria

love
dk

www.blogtalkradio.com/djdannak

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so good to hear about shannon sanders. I went t o highschool with him in Knoxville

Anonymous said...

I am with you on this one. Shannon and I went to high school together in Knoxville as well. He is definitely a down to earth brother. Music was deeply embedded in his soul way back then. I knew his time to shine would come.