Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Keeping up the momentum...


Everything I am is for him .....he teaches me everything I know about Butterflies and even God...
(this picture was taken with the timer feature on my camera. While this is my 3rd digital camera, this was my first time trying that feature out...it works. I don't often optimize such features on electronic gadgets and devices, but in this digital age, such an attitude will get you left behind....I don't want to be behind and I love tinkering with all of my gadgets....it's the way most of us never learned how to record on VCR's)

Started Wednesday (5/21) ...completed Tuesday (5/27) (the new updated single Kung Fu Fighting from the Kung Fu Panda soundtrack (featuring Ceelo Green and Jack Black) comes out today and with my itunes $1 coupon I earned after buying my UCLA Jazzfest through ticketmaster, I will redeem for my purchase of this highly anticipated single today)
Keeping up momentum...

Can be hard...I had a pretty good day as a teacher and after building great momentum in the classroom, I left the campus to run an erand and stopped to say hello to a good friend. She prepared me some awesome PF Chang leftovers. Despite a few moments in the car to renew before returning to work, I sit at the computer with the greatest intentions. I am sleepy as "I don't know what". I been munching on granola and trailmix looking for a lift, but I am getting sleepier.

I MUST go across the street to wash clothes (so Ali will have clean uniforms for school) and I have to got to the post office and I am sitting here with what feels like concrete in my feet. I have my book in front of me so that I can do my lesson plan, but I am just yawning. I prepared my handouts early and my lesson plans early and the day went smoothly today. I am going for the same effect tomorrow. I still have to do the mean face and the mean voice, but I am still more at peace with the outcome after reasonable preparation

I also have to go get money to wash clothes so my adventure will require that I go to two places which it makes it even less appealing.

I am enjoying the new Lyfe Jennings. His production company is called Jesus Swings (I love it). I think the album is too mid tempo for my sleepy behind. It is an awesome record, but I am not inspired to move any faster than I am moving. He learned to play guitar in prison and basically came out to record deal. He has a real and gritty voice and like Shannon Sanders and Anthony Hamilton has risen among the fray in the current R&B market place to greatly distinguish himself and his sound.







You guys are all going (anyone who might be reading)..."who the heck is Shannon Sanders???"

see the next blog I am breaking this stuff up a little....

On Wednesday when I was writing this and completed it straight off the dome by talking more about Lyfe Jennings, Anthony Hamilton and my man Shannon Sanders and then I slid into a conversation about Fareed Zakaria and his new book Post American World (check out the excerpt at www.Newsweek.com
The "autosave" hadn't hooked up my post and about 1/3 was lost so I am trying to get it all hooked back up as best as I can...I had a busy weekend that has me excited to share ...friends got married, the ROOTS were off tha chain at UCLA below is a picture is of my friend Sidra Belfield Fullerton (I had not seen Sidra in like 5 years) and being out at UCLA closed our gap and to boot in the battle for Facebook v Myspace (for which I am torn, but leaning toward Facebook) this day seeing Sidra and her sistersand then discovering we were all on Facebook and how much her sister Cushon and I love Facebook and how many photos we have tagged and shared in the last 24 hours ...Facebook Cafe is now my official hangout ! (It is Club Facebook after hours :-)




I attended Battle of the Sexes Round 15 (Alicia Yancy, Danna Kiel, Yvette Foy and Battle host Tiffany Jameson)which was awesome and there are lots of pictures and I am listening to the 365 Radio with L and Red and I am being treated to an awesome version of Golden Brown by some other than Omar here are some picture previews...


I am going to take my tail to bed...I have a lesson plan to figure out for my Geometry class and I always struggle with getting up in the morning...I am a little spun out over personal areas for which I talking to God ....in the meantime everybody remember


Change Is Now ....and it begins with you


all love

dk











No comments: