Monday, May 5, 2008

Raheem DeVaughn....raising R&B from the dead


Raheem DeVaughn is tryign to do the damn thing....

As most of us who love R&B music know it has been on and off its deathbed in the mainstream for a while now...On the underground railroad to freedom it is alive and well thanks to the artistry of folks like Eric Roberson, Frank McComb and Ledisi who last year came above ground with her record "Lost and Found". The current Raheem Devaughn album however is OFF THA CHAIN !

Don't misunderstand... as all my friends can attest I jumped on the Raheem Devaughn train when he dropped his first single from the Love Experience (his debut album), "Guess Who Loves You More"....but I am no longer feeling "obscure obtuse so called neo soul artist", his sophmore album is making him to the Soul Powerhouse I could hear trying to come through on the Love Experience...anyway hit me up with your thoughts, JUST GO BUY IT if you don't have it. I even felt moved to post our picture from the Heineken Red Star party last October in my photo album here on the space...R&B music could really be on its way back lead by Raheem's "Love Behind the Melody"....

all love
dk

No comments: