Monday, May 5, 2008

I've Let Three Weeks Go By

Time flies whether you are having fun or not. I am sitting here at an hour when I should be sleeping trying to update the spot. I am thrilled to be blogging but I choose a server that is filtered out at work so during wonderful daylight hours when I am reasonably vibrant and awake I can't update this blog. When the sun goes down, it can be a wrap for me.

I however wanted desperately to check in....

Well I didn't win the delegate race but what a thrill ride for my son and I. We met wonderful new poeple with whom I am going to reconnect as I plan on heading to Denver anyway.

This month I went to 4 child birthday parties, the last of which was Ali's (my own child) and despite all efforts to OVERCOME my CLUTTER so that we could have his party at home and set up his new train table and mega fort I was not as successful as I wanted, We did have a wonderful party set up in the driveway. I reconnected with my friend Onasis who along side friends Jennifer and Charlotte helped to make a beautiful day possible by blessing me with food for our guests and just their blessed faces and friendship energy around. Thanks for the presence of babies Noah, Isaiah and Zoe.

Ali's father and older sister came which was a blessing for Ali, he deserves so much and I am just trying to give it to him and it gets so hard sometimes. I was pretty mean to his father earlier that day. He deserved most of what I was saying, but my timing was not great. My friend Tiffany, her sister April and April's sons Mkhei and Khalil came LATE and we sat out front on blankets and played a wonderful game of K'nex ( a lego like toy ali got for his birthday).

On sunday Ali and I went to the park and played with some of his new stuff....Little Einsteins Pat Pat Rocket and watched some hispanic families fly kites and then on Monday (a special holiday at work and school) we went and tried to fly our kite. Ali was anxious, excited and impatient and I fuss too much but I tried to center myself and be permissive, as well as, encouraging....sometimes I just feel too old to have a 6 year old...Kite Flying though is all about agility and skill and you can really get into it....at least I did

The past two work weeks have been what they always are equally rewarding and draining. I have made it and I am preparing my kids for the standardized testing that is coming up and I am trying to get grades in the system and I am just overwhelmed by this stuff honestly

well I am just trying to get you guys up to speed ....coming soon blogs about

Raheem DeVaughn....Jeremiah Wright....Wine Sip with the QUES (Omega Psi Phi), Big Sunday in LA...David McAlmont...Carleen Anderson...Ovation TV

all love
danna

No comments: