Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Becoming a hollywood producer...

Becoming a Hollywood Producer...

      Day 16,044 of the Journey....
     
       December 25th, 2011

I am my parents Pt 2

     
Ali Kiel (my son)

In what is now the new family home (see red brick home from the 12/24/11 blog) at the Kiel Settlement, my sister (Auntie Claus) and I (Mama Claus) placed the gifts under the family tree shortly after midnight only for our sons to drag all of their gifts up the stairs to our sleeping quarters in the morning hours of Christmas Day...

    
Ahmed Halen Kiel-Kamil (my nephew)

Ahmed seen here is playing with toys that he had stumbled upon in the luggage.  He "accidentally" found them Christmas Eve while searching for the Wii remotes he had packed to use with the console Ali and I brought with us (we forgot our remotes).

"Anywho"  my sister and I would get up before daybreak to see what Mama and Daddy Santa Claus had left for us.  There was nothing like the quiet of the whole house and the walk down the long hallway to see what the reflections of the orange, yellow, green and blue Christmas lights would reveal under the tree.

We would bring the stuff into the back bedroom where we'd been asleep to check it out up close. We are truly are our parents now...




Mama and Auntie Claus at the Waffle House on Christmas Eve


write, produce and direct



Danna


PS:  On this day I missed my Mother and Grandmother to pieces...holidays are always a fractured and wild ride for me without my own mother...being a mother does not keep you from missing your own.
My grandmother bka "Big Ma" used to make Egg Pie (12/26) for me on my birthday.  She taught me to make it and her Pecan Pie, as well.  The Egg Pie (similar to Vanilla or Egg Custard, but with a crust and a little more lemon flavoring) was my favorite.

Since Big Ma's passing in 2000, I had not enjoyed Egg Pie.  One of her close confidantes and students of her ministry, "Little Alice" could make Egg Pie about good as Big Ma and in 2000 prepared one for me to take back to California as I departed the funeral.

Funny thing...I may have eaten 2 pieces, but I couldn't eat any more.  It molded and I put my love of Egg Pie on "the shelf"...the back shelf at the very top.

Even funnier thing...December 25th, 2011 "Little Alice" showed up with an Egg Pie to drop off for the Family Dinner...and I enjoyed a piece.  One was enough and it was good.



It took me 12 years...but time can mend some things...and the heart is usually one of those things...

No comments: