Saturday, January 7, 2012

Becoming a hollywood producer...



(This live version is everything I dreamed it would be...)

Day 16,057 of the Journey...

    Saturday, January 7th, 2012

        Becoming a hollywood producer...

This is one of my many ALL TIME Stevie Wonder favorite songs.  The composition is grand and amazing.  As it played on the radio today...my son hummed and kinda sang along.  I don't know where he heard and learned it. I was surprised because despite my love  of music, music is not played much here at home. It's not intentional, but there is no record player...no stereo.








When I was a child his age, playing music was a process.  I loved celestial radio, but I loved putting records on the record player and listening to them.  I loved how we had to clean needles and sometimes purchase new ones.

I am present enough to own an Ipod.  I purchased one of those docks for my Ipod, it didn't work.  Our clock radio's have all died.  Our small boombox passed away some time ago, as well.

I asked Ali where he'd heard it and he said, he'd heard it a lot of the radio.  Honestly we have heard at least 2 maybe even 3 times in the car between today and just before we left town for the break. I was still surprised that it registered so well in his brain.  His brain is fighting 4th grade math and long division like they are the enemy.





The song has quick rhythm and complex movements within the composition.  Ali kept up and down with the tempo and the melody.  I was thrilled.  It was a respectable accomplishment.


This tune makes you do more than smile...it makes you blush.


write, produce and direct




Danna


No comments: