Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Becoming a hollywood producer...

Day 16,032 of the journey... 

image

I met Artis Lane today. She sculpted Sojourner Truth, my (s)hero.

image

She painted Oprah Winfrey, who was gifted the above painting by Jamie Foxx.

image

She sculpted this so that all men could see their manhood.

image

This is of course her.  We chatted like old friends swapping concepts and understandings of life, God and metaphysics.  She is 83 and spoke softly and openly about her whole life.

We talked Jacob Lawrence, Ernie Barnes and Cary Grant (She knew them all).  I was blessed to have a close friend on board with me.  I left them momentarily. When I returned; she said, I need you here “words are not my medium”...and I thought "they don't have to be."


writem direct and produce

danna

(playing catch up)

No comments: