Saturday, December 17, 2011

Becoming a hollywood producer...

Day 16,036 of the journey...



image

Today’s lesson…I can make it…but only if I keep going…

After finishing “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” ...

image

I started reading “Head of State”.  I love Chris Rock and I saw bits/pieces/parts of this film, but never the whole thing.  Sitting down to read the script brought the political satire completely to life.  It in fact advanced my understanding of “Satire”.

I am High School Graduate, I am a college Graduate and I am currently pursuing an MFA so I am more than familiar with the literary device.  I am however ALWAYS closing the gap between intellectual comprehension of a concept and the craft (craftsmanship) to create and execute these concepts into living breathing things…screenplays, plays, poems and short stories.

“Head of State” moved me closer…I felt it… ("did y'all feel that ...over there?")
image


write, produce and direct


Danna

(I am excited to report I met Chris Rock earlier this year at a party.  I so wish I had read this before that day...we might have conversed about something other than the gray hair he's hiding and the gray that I hide by cutting my hair as SHORT and CLOSE as possible)...look at that short hair on the girl in the center...me

No comments: