Saturday, December 24, 2011

Becoming a hollywood producer...



Today's Lesson...Get to it !!!

I am a card carrying Christian who is open to Eastern Spiritual Belief systems and practices.  I am aware that the birth of Jesus Christ does not fall squarely on December 25th according to "the facts". I understand the month of December to be a month of holidays, as well as, religious and spiritual remembrances.


December 25th is at its worst a capitalist society's convention to mix some spiritual concepts like the birth of Jesus Christ and the birth of St. Nicholas (who I suspect is not a real saint) with one financial convention. "Let's revive the economy annually by going out to buy gifts for people who's birthday it is not with the exception of those actually born on December 25th to celebrate this day", is how this shakes down.


I have not thus far dealt with Christmas any other way except to purchase gifts for my son...I had not even gathered my child's Christmas list until yesterday.  I struggled to get into the "Christmas Spirit" and get to it.

With that I did my duty and braved Target and Old Navy for gifts for my child who assembled a wonderfully moderate list for Santa aka "me" to obtain. My twin sister Donna is in town, so Auntie Santa brought a few things to augment the offerings of Mama Santa.

I am however  concerned about perpetuating what feels like a myth...a cat carried by 8 reindeer is out delivering gifts around the globe in one night...really ?  It seems pretty elaborate...but then again is there anything wrong with our children having a sense of wonder?

While I know the reason for the season is not who can go broke the fastest...that's what it feels like...I did a dance today when I discovered there was one last Nintendo 3D DS Sonic Generations Game available...(even the display was gone)



Joy to the World...

write, produce and direct

Danna

No comments: