Thursday, December 15, 2011

Becoming a hollywood producer...

Day 16,033 of the Journey...

image

Sometimes I wish somebody would take me by the hand…and honestly just hold it….

Day 16,033 of the journey…

Today’s lesson…bending and standing strong…at some point you have to do both and possibly at the same time.

When I should be quiet or speak softly I talk and sometimes when I talk I should speak softly or just be quiet.  Being accurate to the moment on either aforementioned tasks requires that I stand strong enough to bend.  I must be steadfast and unmovable in the mission, but always abounding in love, humility and professionalism to achieve the task at hand.  It feels to me and my pride like we are making a deal with the devil, but it’s so not.

I was told recently that I have the “gift of asking” if I do it without fear, reticence and trepidation.  Today on the phone I called a colleague and while I over intellectualized it and over schmoozed it, I stood strong in the mission and bent for the immediate goal and accomplished what I set out to get.  It was quietly amazing and humbling. Courage came today on the wings of signs and wonders.

I would like to take credit for it, but it was God…

It’s been a week of signs, wonders and “God winks”.


image

(Don’t tell anybody that God might be a Black woman who looks like Betty Boop)

Since Monday my thoughts from the road have been confirmed by a piece of mail when I walk in the house or the complaint of looking for some contact info and the next thing I pick up is it after not having had any idea where to look since getting the info in January.

I was introduced this to the “God Wink” business on December 1st which referred to Squire Rushnell’s book.  Getting into “God Wink” business was confirmed by Artis Lane who mentioned a God Wink by saying, “you know when God kinda winks at you”.  I asked her about Rushnell’s title. She was completely unfamiliar with the work.

Signs and Wonders aka “confirmation” provide me the inherent strength and fortitude (together they are called faith) to submit to the will and the way of the creator and the universe…

Submitting to the rhythm of gaining significance is not easy (maybe for some).  I am convinced that I am smart.  I am not convinced I know everything, but I am convinced that I am smart.  I believe that if I think it through I can figure out how to get it done. Submission to anything feels treasonous…like another deal with the devil.

Here’s the thing though…

“Getting it done” and “being smart” don’t play nice.  Further, “getting it done” seems to keep “being smart” on the ropes.  “Getting it done” requires submission to the will of God (the Universe…all of creation it feels like)

So I am today and many days from now…getting it done…

image


write, produce and direct

Danna


(as I get it done will somebody please hold my hand…just for a few minutes :)

No comments: