Friday, December 16, 2011

Becoming a hollywood producer...

Day 16,034 of the journey...



Today's lesson...work through it...
 
Whatever challenges you most you have to work through it...you also have to work even harder to give yourself the time to work through it.  I have to read a total of 10 scripts for 2 assignments. My professor cut me a break so I now only have to read 5.

The 5 however must be in the same vein.  I have read a total of 4.  3 were in that same vein so I have to push through two more (Mr. Smith Goes To Washington and Head of State) to go with the 3 which will make 5.  I must write one page abstracts "so to speak" drawing similarities and differences between the project I am writing and the ones I've already read.

I have read a lot and still have a lot of reading to do.  I have always struggled with "reading comprehension".  I am both an audio and a visual learner, but more aural and as a result more verbose...loquacious. I understand how to listen and respond.  I am at times just befuddled by too many words on a page.

I don't sit still much.  I don't sit still to watch spray paint dry.  If I do sit still that long, I usually fall asleep.  I am still exhausted from the 4 scripts I read between Saturday and Monday.  It's Thursday and I've been reading "Mr. Smith" since Wednesday.

sidebar in ....yes I have known about the assignment long enough so that I wouldn't be jammed up...but we procrastinate the stuff we are most fearful or uncomfortable doing...I am ain't right ...just honest...sidebar out

The story is compelling, but just sitting and reading it is like watching interior latex paint dry.





I am not only down to the wire on the assignment, but I am in free-fall trying not to hit the pavement.

Additionally, my eyes don't read large amounts of text on a screen for long periods without fatigue and discomfort.  I have printed my scripts and am toting them around.  I have read everywhere from the car to a friend's Christmas Concert.

So today is just about more reading and getting through the reading...and more reading and more reading and more reading....oh and completing the reading...

Because not only can I get through it, but I can overcome the reading and finish my assignments...(besides I have to :)


write, produce and direct

Danna

No comments: